The polo club was organized in 1986 and was originally known as the Waimanalo Polo Club.  The first match was played in March 1987.  Matches were played on Saturday’s.  In 1990, the club changed the name to the Honolulu Polo Club and moved to Sunday matches. Allen Hoe, current President, and the late Bob MacGregor are both founding members and the club’s only two Presidents.


The Honolulu Polo Club sits on 27 acres with the beautiful Ko‘olau’s in the background. The matches are played on a field equivalent to the size of nine football fields. Chairs under the tent are available; tailgating welcomed. 


Since 1986, the Honolulu Polo Club has been a club member of the Hawaiian Islands Circuit of the United States Polo Association.  The Honolulu Polo Club schedules five to seven USPA tournaments each year.


 

Honolulu polo club’s 27TH Season

2013 POLO SEASON

June 9 - October 27, 2013

Gates open 1:00 pm

Matches start at 3:00 pm


ADMISSION

General Admission: $5.00

Children under 12 – No charge

Military and families with ID –

No charge


LOCATION

Oahu's windward side
in beautiful Waimanalo

at the base of the spectacular Ko'olau Mountain Range. The polo field is on Kalanianaole Highway across from Bellows Beach. Entrance is across from McDonald's.

41-1062 Kalanianaole Hwy

Waimanalo, Hawaii 96795